"Perseverance is the accelerator to outperform those who are god-gifted !"
- Dr. R. K. Tandon (My Father)
Software Developer, Blue Highway LLC (a WelchAllyn company), Syracuse, NY Full Time May - Oct ‘10
• Conducted competitive research and analysis; Gathered and analyzed requirements; Prepared SRS, OCD documents.
• Built and tested web applications using Java, Java EE 5, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, HTML, jQuery, AJAX, JS, for collecting, publishing (feed) and analyzing (by creating graphs, charts, etc.) data received from various interfaces.
• Designed, implemented and managed the database on the server side using MySQL.
• Utilized Tortoise SVN for documents and source code version management.
Web Developer & IT Consultant, Department of Languages, Literatures & Linguistics, SU, NY Part Time Aug ‘09 - Jan ‘10
• Designed and developed web pages using PHP, HTML, CSS and Dreamweaver, on Mac OS X.
• Designed cascading style sheets for dropdown menus, styling, formatting, etc., using float, position and table layouts.
• Tested compatibility across various platforms/browsers. Conducted regular client meetings for inputs/feedbacks.
• Assisted clients in troubleshooting IT related problems and provided application support.
Website Links (work in progress by new interns)
: http://lang.syr.edu/ http://lang.syr.edu/index.php?go=contact_info
Software Analyst & Developer, Wireless Business Group, LLC, Syracuse, NY Part Time May - Aug ‘09
• Conducted requirements gathering with the client to obtain data required for developing the software product.
• Prepared operational concept document, requirement’s traceability matrix and user’s manual in HTML.
• Built and managed MS Excel add-ins (ribbon’s tabs, groups) using C#. Wrote and executed test specifications.
• Generated critical reports and graphs in MS Excel & Word using C#, which resulted in 70% effort reduction.
Software Engineer (Java, Databases), Infosys Technologies Ltd., Bangalore, India Full Time Nov ‘07 - Jul ‘08
Client: Government of Gujarat State, Gujarat, India Project : Automation of Gujarat Healthcare System
• Prepared detailed and database design documents, implementation plan, RTM; Managed a team of 7 members.
• Constructed assigned database part using SQL queries, PL/SQL stored procedures/functions/triggers.
• Achieved customer appreciation for UI design and implementation (Java, J2EE, JDBC, JSP, HTML, CSS, JS).
• Carried out test case development, test analysis and debugging. Conducted cross-platform compatibility tests.
Assistant Certification Manager, IND Unit, Infosys Technologies Ltd., Bangalore Apr - Jul '08
• Organized and managed the Technical and Business Related Certifications to be completed by the employees belonging to the IND Unit, Infosys Technologies Limited, Bangalore.
Software Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries Ltd., Naini, India Summer Internship, 2005, Full Time
• Developed the company’s website on Windows 2000, using HTML, Flash 5.0, MS FrontPage, IE 5, Oracle 8i (SQL).